Tips and Traps
Here's some great pieces of advice to take into consideration when building or buying a hot rod.
- Make sure to contact the Australian Street Rod Technical Advisory Committee in your State.
- Before getting work done by anyone, check out some of their previous work and speak to some of their customers.
- Spend more for a beter car and it will save you money in the long run
- Go to as many car shows, rod runs and cruise nights as you can.
- Get as many opinions as you can, ask questions
- Visit other shops and compare prices
- Spec your rod to the finest detail, this will help you when it comes time to build.
- Try to buy as many parts as you can from the one source, you may get a discount, certainly get better service and you'll also know where to take things back to if you have a problem.
- Buying an unfinished project can sometimes lead to more work.
- If you are getting work done and they require a deposit, take your business elsewhere.
- The lowest price, isn't necessarily the best price. Especially where there is a high labour content
- Don't buy expensive wheels and tyres or gauges and stereo gear until you need it .