No Hot Rod Stuff here but whilst in Victoria you should spend at least one day in the city, there is heaps to do.
- Queen Victoria Market Tuesday & Thursday 6am - 2pm Friday: 6am - 6pm Saturday: 6am - 3pm Sunday: 9am - 4pm Closed every Monday and Wednesday, Melbourne Cup Day and Boxing Day
- Melbourne Central
- *Old Melbourne Gaol Open 9.30am - 4.30pm, 7 days a week. Closed Christmas Day and Good Friday. Alternatively, book a Night Performance and explore the gaol by candlelight if you dare.
- *MCG Tour Open 7 days a week (excluding event days)
- Lygon Street - must go there for an evening meal
- Chapel Street - great shopping
- *Melbourne Aquarium Open 7 days a week
- Imax Big Screen Theater, Films screen on the hour from 10am-10pm, 7 days a week.
- Royal Botanic Gardens
- *Rialto Observation Deck Open from 10am until late, 7 days a week.
- Crown Casino Open 24 hours a day seven days a week
- *Polly Woodside Open 10am - 4pm, 7 days a week Closed Christmas Day and Good Friday
- *Science Works Open 10am - 4.30pm, & days a week Closed Christmas Day and Good Friday
- Colonial Tram Car Restaurant Bookings Essential Early Dinner 5.45pm - 7.15pm Late Dinner 8.30pm - 11.30pm
- *Melbourne Zoo Open 9am - 5pm, 7 days a week
- *Melbourne River Cruises
The Melbourne Attractions Pass
Visitors to Melbourne now have the opportunity to access the very best attractions in one great, affordable pass. The Melbourne Attractions Pass incorporates the best venues in Melbourne - from sport, to the arts and culture, history and heritage.
With this new pass, visitors will get entry to six of Melbourne’s premier attractions at $52 for adults and $35 for children. The Melbourne Attractions Pass offers excellent savings, with at least 20% off the normal retail price of each attraction. All participating attractions are marked with a *. For more information about a Melbourne Attractions Pass, visit your travel agent.
- Victorian Hot Rod Show, Carlton - January
- American Motoring Show, Flemington - March
- Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix, Albert Park - March
- Street machine Nationals, Sandown - April
- Hy-Performance Car and Custom Bike Show - June
- V8 Super Cars, Calder Park - August
- V8 Super Cars, Sandown - October
- Drag Racing, Top Doorslammer Round One, Top Bike Round One, Pro Stock Motorcycle Round One, Calder Park - November
- Pegasus Cup Day Swapmeet, Croydon Market. - November
- Drag Racing,2000 Victorian Championships, Australian Drag Racing Series Round Two, Top Fuel Round Two, Pro Stock Round One, Calder Park - December
- Drag Racing, Top Alcohol Round Two, Calder Park - January
- Drag Racing, Australian Nationals, Australian Drag Racing Series Round Five, Top Fuel Round Four, Top Doorslammer Round Six, Top Alcohol Round Four, Top Bike Round Three, Pro Stock Round Four, Pro Stock Motorcycle Round Three, Calder Park - March
Don't forget to check the Events Page for more information and accurate details of each event.